Area Attractions, Photos and LinksYou can stay busy, busy, busy or just relax out of the fray.
On Tidewater Plantation and Golf Club:
- "Pebble Beach of the East" -- gorgeous, "top 100 in America" golf course (see short movie)
- Clubhouse with full service restaurant, bar & grill, pro shop & snack bar
- Olympic size pool with hot tub/spa and lots of extras for the kids
- Exercise Facilities (much equipment looks out onto the big pool)
- Tennis Complex beside the Exercise Facilities & Pools
- Quiet neighborhood pool (near the villa)
- Short nature trail through a natural mash along side the ICWW
- Safe walking/jogging on streets (cart paths also availabe before/after the golf day)
- Gorgeous pastoral views of ICWW, salt marshes and golf vistas
- Relax on your own screend patio while watching golfers drive balls on the range
or off the 10th tee across a lake -- very entertaining.
Very Near (but beyond walking distance) To Our Tidewater Villa:
- Cherry Grove Beach (sand-n-surf, fishing piers, boating inlet, etc.)
- Ocean Drive Beach (sand-n-surf, pavilion, Shag-dance havens, tourist shopping)
- Boat launching facilities (free) for ICWW and/or ocean acess
- Restaurants (of all stripes) - some of the best on the Grand Strand
- Little River Fishing fleet and their fresh seafood restaurants
- Calabash's Huricane Fishing Fleet and their fresh seafood restaurants
- Horeseback Riding (on a plantation and/or on the beach of the semi-deserted island across the inlet from Cherry Grove) -- just turn left as you leave Tidewater Plantation and follow the left-hand road (unpaved).
- Beach buggy/golf cart rentals (safe activity in slow-moving Cherry Grove Beach)
- Boat and Jet Ski rentals
- Parasailing/Parakiting high over the Atlantic Ocean, pulled by a boat
- Serious daily shopping (such as WalMart, Home Depot, Circuit City, Krogers, etc.).
- Fancy miniature golf and other great family entertainment places
- North Myrtle Beach Parks, Recreation and Visitor Services.
Within Just a Few Miles of Our Tidewater Villa:
- Calabash, NC Fishing fleet and their fresh seafood restaurants
- Many North Myrtle Beach (Windy Hill, Crescent Beach, Little River, etc.) communities
- Many, many nearby festivals (most around seafood) going on now/ in the very near future
- Myrtle Beach (15 miles away) and the southern shores (Grand Strand is 60 miles of beaches)
these have more fishing piers, boating inlets, fishing fleets, entertainment, pavilions, festivals, etc.
- Restaurants (over 2000 operating on the Grand Strand)
- Weekly fireworks through the Summer and many holidays
- Over 100 golfcourses (Tidewater is the best) in the Myrtle beach area
- Big time entertainment (Alabama Theater, Pirate's Voyage, Barefoot Landing, House of Blues,
Ripleys "Beleive It or Not" & Aquarium, etc.)
- All manner of beach entertainment for families (water parks, amusement parks/rides, boardwalk style pavilions, etc.)
- Mansions, Gardens and Parks to explore -- particulary Brookgreen Gardens & Zoo
- Many churches and synagogues
In addition to being an ocean and golf paradise, this area is just chock full of places to go, things to do and see or to participate in. Wilmington, NC is just an hour to the north (past a whole bunch of interesting vacation communities); the Grand Strand, itself, is about a 50 mile strech of vacation stuff (the East Coast;s number one vacation destination) packed shoulder-to-sholder with attractions. And, if that were not enough, historic Charleston, SC is just an hour, or so, below the Grand Strand.
Myrtle Beach is served by its own international airport and is only a short ride from MAJOR airports in Raleigh, NC, Wilmington, NC and Charleston, SC and is just 40 miles from a station on Amtrack's major East Coast rail line.
Click here for Area Maps,
Beach Accessability: All beaches are easily acessable in SC; there are marked public access paths to the beach in almost every block -- many with free parking right at the entrance/across the street (more than 240 in North Myrtle Beach, alone). Click here for photo of a typical beach access path.
Links to Local Images for Your Entertainment:
Comments, questions, send us mail from the Contact page.